Year of first diagnosis: 2009
Kind of cancer: Acute leukemia (ALL)
- 1. My initial reaction to hearing I have cancer was overwhelming. Devastating. I thought my life was ruined. There was an overpowering distraught feeling.
- 2. The greatest learning experience is to realize how delicate life can be. Having a frail, easily damaged perception can affect one’s emotional state.
- 3. Staying positive, confident and absolutely certain is the most helpful thing anyone could do to keep going during the process.
- 4. All resources you can have in your corner as of people, places, books, web sites will be the best support you could have.
- 5. My own spirituality has been enhanced to a higher degree because my cancer was a humbling experience.
- 6. If I met somebody who was diagnosed with cancer today, the first thing I would tell them is to be positive. Ask all questions that concern you about your situation to help improve your health.